Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off'

Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off'

Update: Brandel Chamblee joined "Morning Drive" on Monday to offer his take on Brooks Koepka's comments as well as his dominant performance at Bethpage Black:
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. It turns out Brooks Koepka will have the final word in a spat with Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee that began at last months Masters.Chamblee had taken a hard line on Koepka, first criticizing a recent weight loss and then questioning his toughness.His talent is undeniable, Chamblee said during Live From The Masters following Round 2. But Ive heard people say this. You extrapolate from accomplishment, you infer qualities from a human being like, Hes really tough. Maybe he is, I dont know. I've got to say, I still need to be convinced.After his fourth major victory on Sunday in his eighth Grand Slam start Koepka was asked if a particular criticism stood out to him.
PGA Championship: Scores | Full coverage
Telling me I wasn't tough. That pissed me off. That really pissed me off, said Koepka, who beat world No. 1 Dustin Johnson by two strokes at Bethpage.The dispute escalated earlier this month when Chamblee was asked during a podcast with Jaime Diaz if Tiger Woods was currently the games best player. In a perceived slight by omission, Chamblee said Rory McIlroy and Johnson were the players who could hang with [Woods].Koepka responded to Chamblees comment on Twitter, with a picture of him wearing a clown nose.Asked on Sunday at Bethpage who questioned his toughness Koepka didnt mention Chamblee by name. I think we all know, he said.Late on Sunday, Chamblee gave the champ credit, saying, Hes made a believer out of me.


Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off' Source: The Golf Channel FARMINGDALE, N.Y. - It turns out Brooks Koepka will have the final word in a spat with Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee that began at last month's Masters.
Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off


- It turns out Brooks Koepka will have the final word in a spat with Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee that began at last month's Masters. Chamblee had taken a hard line on Koepka, first criticizing a recent weight loss and then questioning his toughness. "His talent is undeniable," Chamblee said during "Live […]
Koepka admits Chamblee criticism really made him angry


"That pissed me off. That really pissed me off." At the time, Chamblee's comments put a stir through Koepka's camp."His talent is undeniable," he said of Koepka. "But I've heard
Koepka admits Chamblee criticism really made him angry
lansingstatejournal.sportstonews.com/2019/05/20/koepka-admits-chamblee-criticism-really-made-him-angry/index.html
Koepka was referring to Golf Channel analyst Chamblee, who questioned Koepka's toughness during Masters week, suggested he was unable to hang with Tiger like peers Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy, and took Koepka to task for losing weight to look his best for an ESPN photo shoot.
Jim Harbaugh takes exception to analyst's Brooks Koepka remark

Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off'


"Telling me I wasn't tough. That pissed me off. That really pissed me off," said Koepka, who beat world No. 1 Dustin Johnson by two strokes at Bethpage. The dispute escalated earlier this month when Chamblee was asked during a podcast with Jaime Diaz if Tiger Woods was currently the game's best player.
Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off


On Sunday night's edition of "Live From the PGA Championship," Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee could only tip his cap to Brooks Koepka: "He's made a believer out of me," Chamblee


Koepka said after his final round that Chamblee's comments really "pissed me off" and he used it as motivation to win the tournament. "I never said he wasn't tough," Chamblee tweeted on Monday
Skeptical Chamblee: Koepka has 'made a believer out of me'


Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off' By Rex Hoggard. Koepka responded to Chamblee's comment on Twitter, with a picture of him wearing a clown nose.
Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off'


"That pissed me off. That really pissed me off." Koepka was referring to Golf Channel analyst Chamblee, who questioned Koepka's toughness during Masters week, suggested he was unable to
PGA Championship 2019: Chamblee changes tune after Koepka win


It turns out Brooks Koepka will have the final word in a spat with Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee that began at last month's Masters. Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed
Koepka: Chamblee questioning toughness 'really pissed me off

Post a Comment

0 Comments