Jack on Tigers 15th major: Hes got me shaking in my boots

Jack on Tigers 15th major: Hes got me shaking in my boots

Jack Nicklaus was bonefishing in the Bahamas on Sunday but managed to get to a television just in time to watch four of the last five players in the fieldfill up the water and No. 12.He knew almost immediately:Tiger Woods was going to win his 15th major championship.You just watch it all day long and you say, This is a man who is possessed. Hes possessed to win a golf tournament,' Nicklaus said via phone on "Live From the Masters".Hes absolutely under total control and hes going to get it done. And he did.I mean there wasnt any question in mind, after seeing [Francesco] Molinari hit the ball in the water at 12, and Tiger put it on the green. I said, 'Tournaments over.' It doesnt make any difference what anyone else is going to do. Somebody is going to make enough mistakes, and Tiger wont make any, and he didnt.
83rd Masters Tournament: Scores | @GolfCentral Masters tracker | Full coverage
Woods Masters win, 11 years after his last major victory and 14 years after his last Augusta triumph, evoked memories of Nicklaus own victory in 86. It became especially hard to ignore the parallels when Tiger stuffed his tee shot at the par-3 16th, just as Jack had done en route to his sixth green jacket 33 years ago.The difference in Nicklaus mind is that he never expected to win again, and Woods clearly did.The difference is that this year Tiger was coming back and he expected to be in contention. I didnt really expectin 86 to be in position to win, he said. I got myself in position, and when I did, I remembered how to play. Tiger looked like he got himself in position and he knew how to play. He may have been part-remembering, but guys who really understand what theyre doing and how to play, they remember how to play and they remember what to do when they need to do it. Tiger did that today, and I did it in 86.Whether Woods would ever get back to this point was never a question of talent. And thats why Jack said he remained steadfast in his belief that it could happen. Thumbnail Golf Central

RED-emption: Woods wins 15th major at Masters

With a final-round 70, Tiger Woods won the 83rd Masters. Here, after 11 years in the personal and professional wilderness, is how Woods finally claimed his 15th major victory. Ive been saying everybody kept asking me, What about Tiger? Can he win another major? I kept saying, I think so. I think he will, Nicklaus said. And the reason I said that is because it all depended on Tigers health. If Tiger is healthy, he didnt need to worry about his driver. He never drove the ball straight anyway. He always, from somewhere, he got the ball up around the green. Hes such a great putter, he has such a great short game, he has such distance control with his irons unbelievable distance control, the best Ive ever seen of anybody in the game.If you get a guy who can do that, even if Tiger wasnt healthy, if he could bunt the ball off the tee somewhere, with his iron game and his short game, hes going to win again. And he topped it off this week, by driving the ball with it.Woods now trails Nicklaus in the green-jacket department by just one, six to five, and by three in the all-time major victory count, 18 to 15.I felt for a long time he was going to win again," Nicklaus said."And, you know, the next two majors are at Bethpage, where hes won [2002 U.S. Open], and Pebble Beach, where hes won [2000 U.S. Open].So, you know, hes got me shaking in my boots, guys.


"So, you know, he's got me shaking in my boots, guys." Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods' 15th major victory at the 2019 Masters: 'He's got me shaking in my boots' | Golf Channel Skip to main
Jack on Tiger's 15th major: 'He's got me shaking in my boots


Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my boots' Tiger Woods is a major champion again, winning his fifth Masters in dramatic fashion in what will be a Sunday morning at Augusta
Jack on Tiger's 15th major: 'He's got me shaking in my boots'


Rejuvenated Tiger has 'got me shaking in my boots' - Nicklaus with even Jack Nicklaus admitting he's shaking in his boots as the now five-time Masters champion closed in on his 18-Major haul
Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my
sportstons.com/nfl/jack-nicklaus-on-tiger-woods-hes-got-me-shaking-in-my-boots/
Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my boots' Tiger Woods is a major champion again, winning his fifth Masters in dramatic fashion in what will be a Sunday morning at Augusta that nobody forgets.
'He's got me shaking in my boots': Record-holder Jack


Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my boots' • After Sunday's Masters win, Tiger Woods is now just three shy of Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 career major championship wins.

Jack on Tiger's 15th major: 'He's got me shaking in my boots'


MSN - "The next two majors are at Bethpage, where he's won, and Pebble Beach, where he's won," Nicklaus said Sunday. "So, you know, he's got me shaking in my boots, guys."
'He's got me shaking in my boots!' - Jack Nicklaus' major


'He's got me shaking in my boots!' - Jack Nicklaus' major record back in play for Tiger Woods Tiger Woods of the U.S. celebrates on the 18th hole after winning the 2019 Masters.
Rejuvenated Tiger has 'got me shaking in my boots' - Nicklaus


Jack on Tiger's 15th major: 'He's got me shaking in my boots'. Jack Nicklaus was bonefishing in the Bahamas on Sunday but managed to get to a television just in time to watch four of the last five players in the field "fill up the water and No. 12."
Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my boots'


Tiger Woods mania is in full swing again with even Jack Nicklaus admitting he's shaking in his boots as the now five-time Masters champion closed in on his 18-major haul with that win a
Jack Nicklaus on Tiger Woods: 'He's got me shaking in my


"The next two majors are at Bethpage, where he's won, and Pebble Beach, where he's won," Nicklaus said Sunday. "So, you know, he's got me shaking in my boots, guys."
Jack on Tiger's 15th major: 'He's got me shaking in my boots'

Post a Comment

0 Comments