Simpson on why he broke U.S. Open putter

Simpson on why he broke U.S. Open putter

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. Just days after the 2014 Ryder Cup, Webb Simpson was preparing to fly to Japan for an event when he had a thought.Even though the ban on anchored putting was still over a year away, hed decided to make the switch to a convention putter from the belly putter a year early.I started to chicken out a little bit, and I had called [caddie Paul Tesori] and said, Hey, I'm going to take the belly putter, one more tournament, Simpson said. My wife is in the driveway pulling out with the kids, and I tell her this, and I see my bag in the garage, and I see the belly putter, and for whatever reason I had an urge to just break it. If I break it, I can't take it with me.
Full-field scores from the The Players ChampionshipThe Players Championship: Articles, photos and videos
Simpson snapped the putter, the same one hed used to win the 2012 U.S. Open, over his knee and went to throw it in the garbage.She tells me I'd better hang on to it, it's been pretty good to me. So I put it in my trophy case, both pieces, Simpson smiled.Although it was a long time coming, Simpson officially awoke from his post-anchoring ban funk at The Players, leading the field in strokes gained: putting and rolling in 455 feet of putts for the week on his way to a four-stroke victory.

Webb Simpson On Why He Broke U.S. Open Putter | Golf Channel


On the Tuesday prior to the start of the 1998 U.S. Open at the Olympic Club, I walked with Tom Watson and Fred Couples during a practice round. The two men often played practice rounds together
US Open 2019 betting tips, picks and odds: Tiger Woods can


As Webb Simpson's hands began shaking over his tournament-winning four-foot par putt on the 72nd hole of the 108th U.S. Open, he was able to simply anchor his putter against his body, turn his
U.S. Open 2019: What the USGA's critics get wrong


With the new rule only coming into effect in January 2016, Simpson decided he'd give himself time to get used to the new situation. In late 2014, he broke his trusted putter over his knee and put the two pieces in his trophy case at home. 'It won the US Open,' he said, 'so it's staying with me.' And that was the start of his troubles.
Why Webb Simpson's U.S. Open Win Was the USGA's Worst


The 2012 U.S. Open champion spoke with Golf Digest Equipment Editor E. Michael Johnson about his clubs, his thoughts on the anchor ban and had an interesting reply when asked about the last club
Webb Simpson the latest player to be hit with a penalty as he


Simpson snapped the putter, the same one he'd used to win the 2012 U.S. Open, over his knee and went to throw it in the garbage. "She tells me I'd better hang on to it, it's been pretty good
Who is Webb Simpson's wife Taylor Dowd, when did US Open


I got to actually see the 2012 US Open trophy a month after he won it was pretty cool 0 · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter mojo33543 Members Posts: 201
Using regular putter for the first time in 10 years, Simpson


He will be joined by his wife, Taylor Dowd, beside him as he eyes a first Major win since his US Open victory in 2012. 5 Webb and Taylor celebrate after Simpson's victory in this year's Players
Webb Simpson: Players win reminds us of his abundant talent


Even though Simpson is a former US Open champion, he might be the most surprised, and certainly among the most pleased. Simpson has been using a belly putter since 2004.


Webb Simpson is the latest PGA Tour player to be handed a penalty on Tour, with the 33-year-old receiving a one-stroke penalty on Sunday afternoon at the Players Championship, leading the former U.S. Open champion to declare that "we have to get intent into the rules."
Webb Simpson - 2019 WITB — GolfWRX


Froome OUT of Tour de France after he broke his leg in horror 37mph crash into a wall while BLOWING HIS NOSE! there's Webb Simpson. He may have won the 2012 US Open but his is a name that
Webb Simpson talks about his equipment, the anchor ban and

Post a Comment

0 Comments