Wie Googled Sergio, Phil for claw inspiration

Wie Googled Sergio, Phil for claw inspiration

Michelle Wie says life in the public eye can be difficult when shes struggling as much as she did last year, but she is going to try to find her smile on the course this year.Wie is coming off her worst year a pro, finishing 105th on the LPGA money list last year, which forced her to play out of the tours major champions category this year. She won the U.S. Womens Open in 2014.I feel very fortunate people care enough about me to talk about me, good or bad, Wie said Tuesday in her ISPS Womens Australian News Conference. Sometimes, it does get rough, especially with a year like last year. Theres no lying about that, but at the same time, I do feel fortunate to have the fans I do, that stick with me through tough years, through the good and bad.Wie is eager to try out her new putting style this week, having abandoned her unorthodox table-top putting stance. She was frustrated missing the cut at the season-opening Pure Silk Bahamas Classic after hitting 34 of 36 greens in regulation but making only three birdies with her table-top stance. Shes going with a more classic upright stance this week, but with the Sergio Garcia-style claw grip.I definitely Googled The Claw, Wie said. You should see my research. I Googled every one. I liked Phils (Mickelson) and Sergios. I tried everything out, and it feels good.Mostly, Wie said she wants to find the fun in her game again this year.Last year, I put a lot of pressure on myself, and this year, Im trying not to do that . . . when Im out there smiling and enjoying the game, thats when I do my best, she said.David Leadbetter, her longtime swing coach, is rooting for her.Its been a long, long haul, but I still have high hopes, Leadbetter said. She still hits some unbelievable golf shots that make me marvel, that make me say there arent many girls who can hit shots like that.Whats her goals this week?Ill be happy if I feel confident all four days, she said. I just want to go out there, hit some good shots, make some putts and build some confidence.


Went right online and googled up "the claw" putting grip. She checked out the different versions of "the claw" and saw that Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia looked most comfortable with their versions of the grip. "I like Phil's claw, Sergio's claw. I tried everything," she said of the claw universe.
2017 Wie Changes Putting Style | Kia Classic


Michelle Wie has changed her putting style yet again. I googled everyone. I looked at Phil's (Mickelson's) claw, Sergio's claw, I tried everything out and it feels good. Meijer LPGA
Michelle Wie is ditching that table-top putting style for


Michelle Wie is ditching her infamous table-top putting style for something she found on Google. Well, sort of. It seems Wie made use of a two-week break in the LPGA's schedule to discover and try
Michelle Wie 'Googled' new putting grip - bunkered.co.uk


Wie has decided to go with a more traditional stance and utilize the popular Claw grip, which somewhat simulates the pendulum-style Michelle Wie abandons table-top putting stroke for the claw grip
Michelle Wie finds putting stroke on Google, ditches the


As for the grip, Wie said she used Google research to test various versions of the claw. "I Googled everyone and I liked Phil's (Mickelson) claw, Sergio's (Garcia) claw. I tried
Wie Googled Her Way To A New Putting Grip | SwingU Clubhouse


She's going with a more classic upright stance this week, but with the Sergio Garcia-style claw grip. "I definitely Googled `The Claw,'" Wie said. "You should see my research. I Googled every one. I liked Phil's (Mickelson) and Sergio's. I tried everything out, and it feels good." Mostly, Wie said she wants to find the fun in
Michelle Wie is ditching that table-top putting style for


Wie said she used a particularly common research method for a new grip. "I've tried every single type of claw in the last two weeks that I was practising, but this feels good. I definitely googled the claw, I googled everyone. I looked at Phil's (Mickelson's) claw, Sergio's claw, I tried everything out and it feels good.
Michelle Wie abandons table-top putting stroke for the claw grip


Michelle Wie is ditching her infamous table-top putting style for something she found on Google. Well, sort of. It seems Wie made use of a two-week break in the LPGA's schedule to discover and try out different variations of a "claw" grip with a "regular stance" on the greens.
Michelle Wie Joins The Order Of 'The Claw' | Dog Leg News

Michelle Wie tries to 'claw' her way back with new putting


Michelle Wie has revealed she used Google when opting for her new putting style. For the past three years, the 27-year-old has used the unconventional 'table-top' stance (below), which helped
2017 Wie Changes Putting Style | LPGA | Ladies Professional


If you've ever struggled on the greens for an extended period of time, then you know the desperation to find a way to get the ball in the hole. Michelle Wie, the 2014 U.S. Women's Open Champion who was once dubbed the female Tiger Woods, reportedly resorted to Google to find a putting grip that worked.

Post a Comment

0 Comments