Perez clarifies remarks: 'I'm a Tiger fan'

Perez clarifies remarks: 'I'm a Tiger fan'

After creating a media firestorm with his on-air comments about Tiger Woods, Pat Perez clarified that he remains a fan of the 14-time major champ.Perez co-hosts a show on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio, and Tuesday he used the platform to assert that Woods knows "he can't beat anybody" after a recent run of withdrawals that began with the Omega Dubai Desert Classic."The guy shot 77 (in Dubai). That guy can't shoot 77," Perez said. "What does he do the next day? Ah, my back's gone. He knows he can't beat anybody! I told you! He's not going to come out and play, and play poorly."Perez spoke to ESPN.com late Thursday and explained that his original comments were equal parts praise for the man and assessment of the current situation."I had an opinion on Tiger, and I said it. No one wants to see Tiger come back, compete and win again more than me," he said. "I was the one saying that none of these guys out here today can hold a candle to what Tiger has done or still does. But we're talking about is Tiger gonna play again? I don't know. If the guy can't do a press conference, how's he gonna play golf?"Perez no longer has a Twitter account, but he wrote a post on Instagram questioning one media outlet for "taking a clip out of my show, using it incorrectly and letting people wear me out." In his clarification to ESPN, Perez compared himself to Fuzzy Zoeller, who received criticism and lost endorsement deals over racially insensitive remarks he made about Woods at the 1997 Masters."I'm getting killed by all these people, but I'm a Tiger fan who wants to see him back playing again," he said. "Now I know kind of how Fuzzy Zoeller felt, but I was praising (Woods) and I'm still getting killed by all these people for an opinion I had on our radio show."


PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- PGA Tour pro Pat Perez attempted to clarify the remarks he made on a radio show earlier this week about Tiger Woods in which he said Woods "knows he can't beat anybody
Pat Perez Clarified His Remarks About Tiger Woods' Future


PGA Tour veteran Pat Perez says he's a Tiger Woods fan and hopes the 14-time major champion comes back to win more tournaments. Speaking to ESPN, Perez still didn't exactly refute his original
Jim Carrey clarifies Tiger Woods remarks - Digital Spy

Perez clarifies remarks, hopes Tiger plays again - ESPN.com


Shawn Mendes has some explaining to do! On Thursday, an angry Shawn took to Twitter to clarify comments he made about his fan base in the September issue of Billboard Magazine. In in the interview
Joe Nathan clarifies comments on fans: 'They have a right to


The Tigers' closer found himself in the headlines for the wrong reason when he seemed to imply Thursday he didn't care about the fans. He tweaked his wording a bit Saturday.
In his blunt assessment of Haney's remarks, Tiger shows he's


I'm a Celeb's James McVey speaks about eating disorder. Jim Carrey clarifies Tiger Woods remarks Jim Carrey explains that he did not mean to condone cheating when he defended Tiger Woods.
Shawn Mendes Clarifies His Controversial Comments About Fans


Pat Perez Clarified His Remarks About Tiger Woods' Future, but it Wasn't Necessary but I'm a Tiger fan who wants to see him back playing again. and I'm still getting killed by all
Pat Perez on Tiger Woods: "He knows he can't beat anybody


Tiger Woods's blunt assessment of Hank Haney's remarks is another sign that Tiger is finding his voice. By Michael Bamberger. June 1, 2019. "I'm gonna predict a Korean. That's gonna
Outrage over Hank Haney's remarks understandable, but he's


Pat Perez clarifies comments about Tiger Woods, says the two have exchanged texts Pat Perez and Tiger Woods walk off the 7th tee during the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational
Pat Perez walks back Tiger Woods comment | Sporting News


While I agree with and understand the outrage over Haney's remarks, particularly from players in this week's U.S. Women's Open at a terrific venue with strong fan support, I'm conflicted


Pat Perez on Tiger Woods: "He knows he can't beat anybody" (update) RELATED: Pat Perez clarifies his comments, says he's texted with Tiger but I'm a Tiger fan who wants to see him back
Pat Perez clarifies comments about Tiger Woods, says the two

Post a Comment

0 Comments