Wie (wrist) withdraws after 12 holes at Women's British

Wie (wrist) withdraws after 12 holes at Women's British

LYTHAM ST. ANNES, England Michelle Wie withdrew from the Ricoh Womens British Open after 12 holes Thursday with a right hand/wrist injury.Wie has battled arthritis in both wrists this year.She was 7 over when she informed fellow competitors Anna Nordqvist and Sakura Yokomine that she was withdrawing.I have been doing everything humanly possible (besides giving it proper rest) this past couple of weeks to get my hand healthy enough to play this event, but unfortunately, it wasnt enough, Wie wrote in an Instagram post. I gave it my all today, but I just couldnt handle the pain any longer.
.... I have been doing everything humanly possible (besides giving it proper rest) this past couple of weeks to get my hand healthy enough to play this event, but unfortunately, it wasnt enough. I gave it my all today but I just couldnt handle the pain any longer. Im devastated that I had to withdraw mid-round, but I felt that if I kept pushing through the pain, I would have injured my hand further. I have been trying to manage/push through the pain almost all year, but my team and I think its finally time to take some time off to get my hand back to being healthy. I am confident that with the right treatment, I will be back stronger than ever. Will keep you guys posted on my prognosis/recovery. Thank you for all your kind messages and support. Its been really tough, but your unwavering support always puts a smile on my face. A post shared by Michelle Wie (@themichellewie) on
Wie, 28, has been receiving collagen injections to help her ailing wrists.Im devastated that I had to withdraw mid-round, but I felt that if I kept pushing through the pain, I would have injured my hand further, she wrote. I have been trying to manage/push through the pain almost all year, but my team and I think its finally time to take some time off to get my hand back to being healthy. I am confident that with the right treatment, I will be back stronger than ever. Will keep you guys posted on my prognosis/recovery. Thank you for all your kind messages and support. Its been really tough, but your unwavering support always puts a smile on my face.
Full-field scores from the Ricoh Womens British OpenRicoh Womens British Open: Articles, photos and videos
Nordqvist said the nature of Royal Lythams hard fairways might have been a factor.The conditions weren't easy, Nordqvist said. With the ground being firm, if you have any sort of wrist problems, it's not going to be favorable.At years start, Wie said her primary goal this season involved her health.Being healthy, staying healthy, its my No. 1 priority, she told GolfChannel.com back in January.Wie has been plagued with injuries throughout her career. In the last three years alone, she has played through bursitis in her left hip, a bone spur in her left foot and inflammation in her left knee. She has battled neck spasms and back spasms. There have been platelet rich plasma injections to aid healing, and there have been too many cortisone injections for her liking. There was also an emergency appendectomy last year.This was Wies first withdrawal in almost a year, since the Canadian Pacific Womens Open in late August of 2017. 



Arizona feels 'lucky' to be in the match-play portion of the NCAA Women's DI Championship. Their luck continued in the quarterfinals. Arizona's run continues, knocks off top seed to reach semis of
Arizona's run continues, knocks off top seed to reach semis



#GolfNews, #TigerWood, Subscribe Latest Golf News:


Jun 03, 2019 · "I couldn't name you, like, six players on the LPGA Tour," Haney said last week, and then added that, well, maybe he could if he was allowed to just "go with Lee" and not have to "name
Hank Haney suspended from SiriusXM radio show for LPGA



He then played this pitch shot at the par-5 eighth to hole out for eagle and tie for the Saturday lead at the Masters..@McIlroyRory chips in for eagle on No. 8 and moves into a tie for the lead
Rory McIlroy chips in for eagle, ties for Masters lead: WATCH



PGA Championship 2019: Max Homa wins Long Drive competition at Bethpage Black. By a distance good enough to win the PGA Championship's Long Drive contest. Jason Kokrak, and Bryson
Jason Kokrak wins Tuesday's Long Drive Competition - pga.com

Thumbnail

Twitter has becoming an increasingly more accepted form of communication, which is resulting in both flattering and unflattering comments from celebrities. Athletes are no different. Many famous
Celebrities react to Tiger Woods' epic Masters win - AOL


Kupcho, Fassi to play together in LPGA's new team event on



The Open Qualifying Series is not a path into the Open that is available for non-Tour golfers. The Open Qualifying Series is for tour pros and consists of tour events on the PGA Tour, European Tour, and several other world tours. In 2017, it consisted of 15 tour events played in 10 different countries and with 44 spots available into the Open.



Share this post. Landry reaches OWGR career high after Valero win. Source: Golf Channel Published on 2018-04-23
Landry breaks through at VTO - The Takeaway - Rotoworld.com

Danielle Kang

But thanks to fortune and opportunity, he now can add the 2018 BMW Championship to his victory ledger. Bradley defeated Justin Rose on the first hole of a playoff to claim the title after posting
Golf-Bradley beats Rose in playoff to win BMW Championship



Oxford's grip on the top of the university rankings is finally broken Maisie Williams Would 'try and kiss each other in elegant headscarf but struggles to keep it in place on windy runway
US and China are Trying to keep Markets from Decline

Post a Comment

0 Comments