
CROMWELL, Conn. After picking up right where he left off and putting a scare into the early Travelers Championship leaderboard, Brooks Koepka had a single, solitary thought.Im excited to go home and nap, Koepka said.Koepka honored his commitment to tee it up at TPC River Highlands even after successfully defending his title at Shinnecock Hills, becoming the first U.S. Open champ to play the next week since Justin Rose in 2013. He got in some light practice after arriving to the course Wednesday afternoon, and he even birdied four of his first five holes to begin play Thursday morning.
Full-field scores from the Travelers Championship Travelers Championship: Articles, photos and videos
The fatigue from a busy few days eventually took its toll, as Koepka bogeyed four of his final six holes, but he still signed for a 2-under 68.I just ran out of gas. Im exhausted mentally, Koepka said. I tried go get some rest when I was back home (in Florida), but we got home at about 4:30 (Monday morning), fell asleep at 4:45, and I woke up, Dustin (Johnson) was in my living room at 8. He came over on the boat to say hi. So not as much rest as I would have liked.Koepka will relish an opportunity to sleep in prior to his second round Friday afternoon, as his opener left him five shots behind early pace-setter Zach Johnson. After ensuring that the U.S. Open trophy will remain in his possession for another year, he admitted that he left the hardware back home upon flying to Connecticut and its precise whereabouts arent exactly confirmed.I dont even know where we left it, to be honest with you, Koepka said. I was trying to sleep so much. I left it, I think, on the kitchen counter. I dont even know.
Koepka isn't much of a trophy guy he says, though he does keep his first U.S. Open trophy on display in the wine room in his house. "I wasn't going to bring it this week," he said. "We've
Brooks Koepka on the whereabouts of his U.S. Open trophy: "I
But he has the trophy, the one that caused the most stress and brought the most satisfaction. No sooner was the PGA Championship over that Koepka was installed as a 5-1 favorite to win the U.S. Open. No one has won three straight U.S. Open titles since Willie Anderson in 1905. That might be all the motivation Koepka needs.
Brooks Koepka on the whereabouts of his US Open trophy: "I
Koepka isn't even quite sure where he left it, adding, "I was trying to sleep so much, I left it, I think, on the kitchen counter. I don't even know." He also said he's so tired that he felt like he didn't know where he was this week, not that you'd know it from most of his opening round at TPC River Highlands, where he birdied
Koepka handles stress, reaps rewards of major win
"I don't even know where we left it, to be honest with you," Koepka said. "I was trying to sleep so much. I left it, I think, on the kitchen counter. I don't even know." What a wet blanket Brooks Koepka is. I mean I'm sure he's a nice guy but he moves no needles. Zero needles.
Does Brooks Koepka have the most unusual ratio of major
Koepka (68) needs nap; not sure where trophy is - golfchannel.com
Brooks Koepka isn't sure where he left the U.S. Open trophy — maybe the kitchen He didn't exactly get to sleep in. There's not much rest in the forecast, either: Koepka said he's
Brooks Koepka on the whereabouts of his U.S. Open trophy: "I
In such a whirlwind of travel, Koepka admitted to the media on Thursday that he wasn't even sure where he left his trophy. But he assured everyone that it was still in his possession. According to Koepka, the trophy may or may not just be chilling in his kitchen. "It's at my house, just chillin'," Koepka said.
Brooks Koepka isn't sure where he left the U.S. Open trophy
Koepka answered with all the right shots. Johnson faded with two bogeys. Koepka closed with a 4-over 74, the highest final round by a PGA champion in 15 years, and he didn't care how it looked.
RELATED: 15 things you should know about Brooks Koepka. Of course it is. Koepka isn't much of a trophy guy he says, though he does keep his first U.S. Open trophy on display in the wine room in
Typical Brooks Koepka Story: Says He's Too Tired To Remember
Koepka (68) needs nap; not sure where trophy is. By Will Gray. June 21, 2018 at 2:15 PM. Getty Images CROMWELL, Conn. - After picking up right where he left off and putting a scare into the
Brooks Koepka is Not Sure Where he Left the U.S. Open Trophy
Icon Sportswire Brooks Koepka leans on the Wanamaker Trophy after winning the 2019 PGA but a 1-to-0 ratio is not much of a ratio, now is it? And Koepka? Well, we're pretty sure that with
Koepka Handles The Stress And Reaps Rewards Of Another Major

0 Comments